Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

1 December 2010

On the First day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

A Beautiful craft book and a cup of tea.


Now every year my family seems to forget what my biggest hobbies are and never buy me anything craft based for my stocking, I ask for wool and they just chuckle, a jelly roll got me strange looks, I even have a huge Amazon wishlist of crafty books they could easily pick from.
But no every year I get told I'm hard to buy for, and I kind of understand it, if you're not craft orientated then how do you know where to start. Well start with a nice craft book, even if the projects aren't something they'd make straight away craft are beautiful to look through for inspiration. 
I was lucky enough to be sent Stitch! by Cath Kidston to review, and if you have any friends into making things then this is the book to buy them for Christmas. 


STITCH!
This book is a new look at needlepoint and cross stitch which often get thought of as old fashioned,but is probably one of the simplest ways to embroider on cloth, and one I learnt early as a child.
The projects use a lot of Kidstons iconic patterns as well as sticking to to basic designs for beginners. Most of the projects are quick to make and low cost.
Not all the projects are roses and dots though, look at this stunning Cowboy, this will look great in my sons bedroom.
The layout of the book is clear and simple with stage by stage instructions being very easy to follow. It would make a great book for a crafty teenager to have a go at and there's some makes in the book which would be especially suited to a young crafter, such as the badges below.
I especially liked the Union Jack pencil case, I think this may be my first new year project to sort my crochet hooks into, the colour ways can easily be adapted to suit your tastes.
If you do choose to buy your loved one this book it should be accompanied by a cup of tea and a good couple of hours to plan their next project.
Which is happily included in the book, as there is nothing worse than getting a beautiful new book only to have to wait till the shops open before you can make anything.
This book contains a giveaway project to make a lovely new purse for yourself too.
The book retails at £14.99.


Enjoy your first day of Christmas, was it a snowy one for you?
Amanda.x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...