I have been tagged in a meme by Claire my Sister-in-law on her blog to write 7 things that you don't know about me. I'll then tag some interesting people I know, and so the loop extends...
1. My Maiden name was Pinguey (ping-ee) strange eh! and was the constant joy of the school bullies. However I'm really proud of the name, as you grow and have children it makes you step back and look at where you came from. My family has been traced back to a French monk living at Holme Cultram Abbey, and set up as a farmer when Henry VIII dissolved the monasteries.
2. Unlike Claire I'm not scared of cows, and have actually milked a few in my time. My formative years were spent living on my Grans farm, which has now been sold off and turned posh houses I can't afford to buy, I have many wonderful memories from the farm which was also haunted so those people may have bought more than they bargained for.
3. My Dad is a Paranoid Schizophrenic, it had a huge effect on my family. And left me with some twisted phobias including medical/hospital buildings including the dentist (it's the smell), seeing feathers poked in the ground, wary of fires and wary of any one else I know to have mental issues. This makes me feel bad as I know it's an illness and nothing they can do can change it but it still makes me on edge.
3. I'm a very crafty person(you probably do know this about me)I think it's an inherited gene my Grandma Pinguey knit, crocheted, sewed , baked, made rag rugs and anything else that took her fancy. My Nana Green was the Head Chef for Border TV(local channel) for years and could bake the most amazing and huge cakes.
4. I was brought up Roman Catholic, when I was confirmed I choose Bernadette my Nana Green took my Mum, Sister and I on a pilgrimage to Lourdes, it was an amazing experience. I went to Nevers where her glass coffin is laid out, and to the actual grotto where they covered the hole she dug in glass, but you see where her fingers dug in the clay. Even though I'm not a practising Catholic I am still inspired by her story and have a photograph of her laid out in my sewing box.
5. I'm a film and TV geek, I used to love horror films but after having children they don't have the same appeal. The list of programs I watch is too extensive to list here but most are supernatural, sci fi or crime based. And I think that if zombies attacked I would survive, I have a plan.
6. I have a strange and electric mixture of music on my computer, Nina Simone is always my favourite for lifting the spirits but I'm also currently listen too Styx, Flaming Lips, Bad Company, Queens of the Stoneage, Dropkick Murpheys, Timo Mass, John Spencer Blues Explosion, Pixies, Sheryl Crow, Johnny Cash and AC/DC. What can I say I like variety in my life.
7. I have had many jobs in my life, starting at 14 when I used to clean holiday homes in Windermere, I then worked in a pub, Kwik Save, another pub, restaurant, BHS, pub, Wife, Border Fine Arts, pub, hotel, Barista for Costa, mystery shopper, pub, on a make up counter for Benefit, Floor manager for Monsoon, Mummy, and setting up my own business.
So people I've shown your mine what you got...