Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

28 April 2011

A bit of a show, and some crafty business.

April has been full of mayhem, making and madness. On bank holiday Monday while my Hubby and children were playing in the sunshine,  I had a stall at Rheged Discovery Centre Food and Gift fair. I've not done a fair for a long time and was very jittery about this one, having been told it should be very busy. However that was not the case, I don't know if it was the lack of advertising and communication from the centre or the good weather but it was very quite, and not just for me but for all the stallholders. Below is my table for the event.
 
It was such a shame the event was quite as the level of the artists was amazing, below is 
Weft Studio which is an independant gallery and studio, they had a display of all their 
crafters work.
Then my other neighbour at the event was Jenny Lockwood Designs, as a seasoned fair trader her display cases put my stand to shame. 
I especially liked her tea holder birds, and ceramic bunting. 
She'll be at the Country Living Fair later in the year and is definitely a "next big thing".
One stand which really stood out at the fair was Rachel Gaw Jewellery, it was mostly resin pieces and so funky, full of sparkles and funk. A must for any Alternative girl wanting to make a statement.The love heart necklace and sugar mice were my favourites.
The other stall to pull me in was K.A.H Ceramics, her stand was full of beautiful yet 
simple designs.  
Well made, functional and yet so stylish, I loved her vases covered with product labels and the bird feeder bowls. With their cute Owl and bird designs, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a magazine soon.
So although a bit of bad day for making money and missing out on family time, I did meet some lovely makers and chatted to plenty of(hopefully)would be customers.
Thanks for reading, your comments as always are welcome.
Amanda.x.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...