Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

30 November 2011

Country Living Christmas Show, Glasgow.

Well I've been so busy with shop job work I've not had the chance to blog about the wonderful 
Country Living Christmas Show which was held in Glasgow, they do quite a few shows all over the country.
This was extra special though as my friend Catherine Ball was having a space there and had asked if she could take some of mine and another friends stock too. This post shows that stand and gives you links were you can buy from these lovely ladies, but I'm going to do some other posts showing stands of note.
 This is Catherine unpacking stock quick as possible as it was selling out quickly, I loved her space using antique furniture, especially the letterpress tray she uses to display rings and small items in.
 You can see some of my stock here, my crocheted covered tea light holders sold well.
 The drawers attached to the wall worked really well showing off the pieces but making them very shop-able, Catherines pieces are all unique and incorporate laces relief texture or are stitched, which is beautiful.
To keep up with Catherines latest news and products click the link here, Stitched Ceramics.
 Above you can see her amazing hand stitched vessels, I love the flower design.
 I think my crocheted pieces work really well along side the textures of her ceramics, here you can see my Hurricane Lamp, I've only made the one so far, but think they could make lovely wedding centre pieces.
 Showing my pieces here, tea light holders, purses, cosy cups; it was great to hear feedback from customer at this, and other stalls. I'm thinking of going back next year but with my own stand. 
Below is a suitcase of treasure from the other seller in the stall Natalie from Flossy Teacake, she is certainly a crafter to watch out for. Her work has instant appeal styled from her childhood memories, using mixed media, she creates amazing 3D models of buildings and townscapes. 
Click the link for her facebook page, Flossy Teacake.
The atmosphere around all the stalls was amazing, and it was great to see that even in the grim economic climate we currently have people still treasure the quality and uniqueness of the handmade.
Hope to be there next year,
Amanda.x. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...