Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

22 February 2012

Spiced Biscuits.

 My friend Sarah lives in Korea and on her last visit home, gave Lucas some cookie cutters, they come from Star Bakery and there's an English link here. There is a dog, cat, elephant, chick, pig and rabbit. 
I'm sure you can find ones like them where ever you live.
Below is my spiced biscuit recipe which is really easy to make.


You'll need: 
200g self-raising flour
2 tablespoons of mixed spices
1 table spoon of ginger (I know it's already in mixed spice but it's nicer with more)
100g of butter
75g soft brown sugar
splash of milk


 Put oven on Gas mark 6 (about 200c). Sieve flour and spices into bowl. Cut up butter into cubes and mix   into dry mixture until it turns to crumbs. 
If you have children helping you get them to do this bit, it's messy fun. Then add sugar. Mix it all in.
Add a splash of milk and work into a stiff dough. Roll out, then cut out.
Pop into oven until it starts to turn brown, leave to cool, job done.


 I thought we'd go through these biscuits quickly so we doubled up the recipe to make more, and as Maisie and Lucas made it clear that the animal biscuits would be theirs I made some heart ones for Stu and I. 


 I loved that the cutters made little faces on the animals, the rabbit looks very much like Miffy.


There you go lovely spiced biscuits to go with your cup of tea, or glass of milk in some cases.


It's great to have my biscuit tins filled with handmade goodness.


Let me know if you try any of my makes or bakes.
Love Amanda.x.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fabulous! I love your font and pictures and how straight forward your descriptions are.
    And am well chuffed for my mention.
    Can't wait to return and taste some of your gorgeous biscuits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...