Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

1 January 2013

First days of A New Year

Happy New Year to all.
 I know lots of people usually spend today nursing a hangover or reflecting on their resolutions for the year ahead, I just needed some family time. 
As my main job is in retail, Christmas is a fast paced money focused experience, brought to a head with my daughter asking me if I worked so much because I didn't love them anymore(quietly weeps into my Baileys)
So today, the first day of a new year, it was lovely to do this...
and walk here...

and be here and now.
This was Lucas' first outing on his big boy bike and he was brilliant,
Maisie choose to find the deepest mud puddles to go through.
I love them so much I could burst.
The day was wet and overcast(picture taken at 12.30pm) up my heart was lifted. I spent the rest of the afternoon dozing on the sofa watching films with Lucas(nursing a bad head from having an eye ulcer-ouch), while Maisie made a Gingerbread House with Daddy(yes we're that behind)
I hope your start to the New Year was good.
Best wishes for future days to come.
Amanda.x.

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post, i love this xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! I'm glad you were able to use the banner for your website, along with the gray and yellow icons. Thanks for sharing a link to your site so I could see it in use. Looks very good. =)
    www.TheLatestFind.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, despite the gloom!

    Have you asked Maisie if she thnks Daddy doesn't love them anymore, as I assume he works more hours that you? It would be interesting to hear what she says...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year!! What a lovely post. The kids look great on their bikes. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...