Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

9 February 2012

Maisie's Bread and Butter Pudding

Maisie and I have had a few conversations of late on food my Mum used to make me when I was growing up, Maisie thought Bread and Butter Pudding sounded really funny and not real pudding at all, I was shocked that it was something we'd never made together so set to put that right.

You'll need:
85g of butter
6-8(depending on dish size) slices of thick bread, we used wholemeal which gives a nutty flavour. 
55g of sultanas 
3 large eggs
300ml of milk
150ml of Double cream
55g of Caster Sugar
Some mixed spice
Handful of soft brown sugar.


 Pre heat oven to gas mark 4(about 180c) and get your helper to grease a oven proof dish. 


Cut away crusts from bread and cut into triangles, butter both sides, then lay out the bread in the dish while hiding fruit in-between each layer.
In whisking jug, add eggs, milk, cream, heaped spoonful of mixed spice and caster sugar. Whisk well, and pour over the bread in dish, leave mixture for about 20minutes so the bread can soak up the mixture. 
Poke down any sultanas not hidden well so they don't burn in the oven.


The joys of having a kitchen helper like Maisie is how proud they look when they've made something and know they'll to eat it themselves late on.
Sprinkle over handful of soft brown sugar, and and a little more mixed spice.
Place on a baking tray and into oven for about half an hour, or until golden brown on top.


 Opps, ours got a little overdone on sticky out parts but tasted delicious. Maisie was very impressed and asked what it would taste like if we put Nutella on the bread. 
People I have a genius living with me, why have I never thought of that? 
We'll keep you updated on the Nutella pudding. 

Please enjoy, and if you try our recipe and enjoy it please let me know.
Love Amanda.x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...