Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

5 October 2012

Foodie Friday- A crispy review.

So this month sees me trying to eat a bit healthier, which means cutting out on chocolate and high fat snacks and crisps.  
Thankfully I was sent some Special K Cracker Crisps to test by the lovely people at Kelloggs.
They only have 95 calories in each 21 crisp serving, and come in 3 flavours Salt and Balsamic Vinegar, Sweet Chilli and Sour Cream and Chive. 
They come in a box at £1.99 or snack bags for 60p; and I got the latter 2 flavours to try.
Truth but told I was lucky to get a look in, while stuck in a traffic jam after collecting the Kelloggs package from the post office my 4 year old son Lucas asked if he could have some. 
He thoroughly tested the Sour Cream and Chive flavour and I had to fight the box back off him before he finished it all, his verdict was "they're scrumptious Mummy, why can't I eat 'em all?"  
When we arrive home and picked my Daughter up from school, Lucas showed her where the box was in the kitchen and there went the rest of them. She agreed that they were indeed scrumptious.
I hid the other box away from them.

When I did get to try the Sweet Chilli flavour I did have to agree with them, they are indeed lovely crisps, especially as they're so low in calories.  
They are strong in flavour which can be an issue with healthy snacks. However I think I'd have to stay clear from buying a box rather than the packets, as I don't think I'd stop with the recommended serving.

I also used the chilli crisps in our supper the next evening using this recipe from BBC Good Food website I substituted half the bread crumbs for crushed up crisps which gave them a wonderful light and spicy finish.
Picture courtesy of BBC Good Food website, as it was too late to take picture of mine. 
Thanks for reading
Amanda.x.

Declaimer: Kelloggs sent me 2 boxes of Special K Cracker Crisps to try, I was not paid to review this product, my views are my own and I review as I see fit.
In this case I would certainly purchase this product again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...