Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

16 January 2010

Our thoughts are with them

The terrible events in Haiti are close in my mind this week, as I'm sure they're in yours. I find myself wanting to be closer to my family & loved ones, wondering how I'd cope if something this devastating happened to my community. I feel very small and powerless to help, wondering what effect my small contribution would make, would it even make a difference?

YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.


I haven't been blogging long but the power its community holds is amazing, all those small contributions added together can create a great result.

As a member of British Mummy Bloggers we choose to donate to the Disasters Emergency Committee knowing that the money raised will reach the people that need it most. There is also a group set up through EnglishMum on twitter donating to Shelterbox, who are already sending help to Haiti,I believe they have raised enough so far for 2 shelter boxes which will provide shelter, supplies and clean water for 20 people.

Great acts are made up of small deeds - Lao Tzu

Amanda.x.













1 comment:

  1. Brilliant. I will add the BMB link to my post. This is one of the best things about blogging. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...