Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

14 November 2012

Old friendships, Dancing and Music Goddesses.

I've been trying to write this post for over a week now, really I'm not a music journalist and can't get my head round explaining the experience of seeing Amanda Palmer in concert.  
So I'll start with how cool it was to meet up with an old friend I'd not seen for years, thankfully with the joys of Facebook and Twitter, Christine and I stayed in touch when she moved away.  Social media is great for keeping in touch even when house moves, ex Husbands, having babies and work all try to keep you apart. We arranged to finally meet up again through our appreciation of Amanda Palmer.
Tickets bought, hotel booked; and on our way to Glasgow we went.
Christine and I, a few drinks in- ah bless student union prices.
This is lady herself, Amanda Fucking Palmer and her Grand Theft Orchestra, her gig isn't just your standard; band sings some songs and has a chat in between them.  I think every one of her shows has a personal feel to the audience there, the Orchestra changes each night - we had the Hounddog Horns who were amazing.
The entire performance is an emotional journey, especially if you've followed Amanda's blog and seen the blood, sweat and Kickstarter tears she's put into making this happen.
She was a joy to watch and made me love music again.
I'm not going to say much more, I'll let the pictures show the fun. 
You can download her album (pay whatever you can) from her website, or even better go see her and make your own connection.
I think if I had a Chad I'd do this a lot too.
I've also posted her latest music video Do it with a Rockstar, which made me reflect on how great a video it is(read the background here) and when did standard music videos become so boring?   
Beware the video contains a wee bit of nudity, girls kissing and glitter abuse. 
Thanks for reading my ramblings
Amanda.x.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, it was great, we're going to have to do this again sometime xx I had a complete f**king BLAST!! Teehee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...