Pages

  • Foody Love
  • Crafty Love
  • Press Love
  • Friday I'm in Love
  • Carlisle Love

24 April 2010

A Bit Of The Show









Yesterday I went to the Glasgow Baby Show to help my sister-in-law Claire man her stand, she makes lovely handcrafted baby slings under the name Snugbaby, her website sells other cool stuff as well.

After a bit of a car hike up to the SECC & set up rush we settled into the exhibitors role very well.
It was a great experience chatting to customers & other stall holders & we met a few twitter pals as well.


Claire having a quick brew before the show starts, she's got some great fabrics choices for the slings making them look different to the normal boring ones you find in department stores.
She also got a really good position right on the corner of a middle row, for anyone looking to do these type of shows the stallholders along the perimeter were a lot quieter than us.
This is The Funky Fairy stand, they had some beautiful gifts for children. I love those Trunkies
This is Annabel Karmel doing a talk on helping fussy eaters, I've used her her cookery books a lot in the past not just for my children but a lot of the recipes are great for adults meals.  Her site is worth a visit for any parent as it's full of great advice & tips, as well as a great forum to talk to other parents about food issues on. 
I wonder if her amazing figure is down to eating her own ranges? 


This is the Stokke stand, sorry I didn't get a closeup of this fabric as it was beautiful, its so nice the attention to detail that has gone into designing the prams & chairs from this company, I like designs made to grow with your family rather than just being throw away. 
Unfortunately they're out of my price range but I can still ogle them 
and dream.  
I especially liked the amount of small independent designers that were at the show this year, this one being very note worthy. Gillian Kyle makes printed goods for kids & adults alike, I loved the Tunnocks bags, you can't tell from the picture but the print is foil finished & the quality perfect.

Well I'm off to rest now my arms ache from doing baby sling demonstrations, I hope everyone else has another couple of great days at the show.

Amanda.x.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun, hope Claire had a very successful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your help, Amanda - you were a star! If you thought Friday was busy, you should have seen Sat/Sun... totally manic, but in a good way. Lots of people tried out and loved SnugBaby, who hadn't even considered babywearing before. Great to show people all the fab benefits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...